Friday 7 June 2013

Day 1 of my experience as a Welcome Ambassador of Waterford Viking Triangle

Today was my first day as a Welcome Ambassador of Waterford Viking Triangle and I was very excited and scared at the same time, even though we were trained on what to do I was still worrying if I would not be able to perform on my best. I guess everyone experience worries on the first day of work.

Anyway we had great news, "Celebrity Infinity" vessel, with 3,000 passengers and 1,200 crew arrived to Dunmore East, County Waterford and the City was meant to be full of tourists. And guess...it was!!!



The tourists started arriving to the city by coaches at around 10 in the morning, even though we were already on the streets at 9 am. We were also blessed with the weather, it was sunny day with no cloud on the sky.

The tourists were told that there Welcome Ambassadors of Waterford Viking Triangle will be on the street and would assist with any queries, directions etc if such arise.

To be honest, I lost count of the amount of tourists I personally helped in one or other way; the tourists were English-, Spanish-, French speaking and were happy enough to talk to us not only about the attractions but on other subjects as well.

Wearing bright purple polo-shirts with bright yellow lanyards gave us a high visibility and recognition however some tourists were probably thought that we were selling something ( because of the lanyards) and refused our help. So for the next day I'm planing on  introducing myself properly, I mean, telling tourists who I am and only then offer the tourists some help.


No comments:

Post a Comment